Rwandan Weddings have two steps – the traditional wedding and the civil or church wedding. With the traditional wedding, the couple has to get the consent of parents to allow them get married, meanwhile, with the the church or civil wedding, this is when the man and woman are officially united in matrimony. This means that there will be two ceremonies that will have to be prepared for. With this, wedding planning for the Rwandan groom in a Rwandan wedding is also double the effort as he prepares for two ceremonies.
As the wedding approaches the bride encounters difficulties in planning her wedding. She even stresses herself just to fullfill her dream wedding. Read on for tips on how a Rwandan bride should prepare for her wedding night. His most important role in planning their long awaited wedding is to support her bride to be in her planning.
Here are 7 tips for Grooms-to-be!
7. Groom’s Gifts. Prepare your gifts. It is very important to respect and honor each others customs and traditions.
6. Groom’s and Your Groom’s Men. Assume responsibility in letting your men know when and where to get fitted for their wardrobe. Make sure to keep your partner posted to avoid unnecessary duplication of the same work.
5. Groom’s Registry. In creating a wedding registry, timing is definitely acceptable to start after the engagement. Wish for the things thast will be most meaningful to both the couple. That should save you a lot on some of your wants and gives you more allowance to take care of both of your needs in the future.
4. Groom’s Mom. It is a normal part of any wedding preparations. Planning is extremely a stressful event,a very normal and helthy part of the wedding process. It is afterall, a major commitment. So many expectations to live up on your own, your parents and family’s expectations of the wedding. Sometimes, the grooms mom or dad or even sister can throw in a lot of opinion for your fiance that sometimes it becomes overwhelming for her. As the groom be responsible to solve all this wedding jitters. Let your folks know that their interest are well appreciated but dispite that, this is your wedding and the decisions in planning should always come from both of you.
3. Groom’s Support. Emotional support is what every bride needs on her wedding day. Do understand, that every bride wishes to have her dream wedding of a lifetime, that is why she pushes herself so hard and oftentimes stressess herself to make every detail a memorable one.
2. Groom’s Opinion. Always assure your bride to be that you are there whatever planning she does. Remind her that you can help in some aspects of your wedding. Let her know your interest especially the one’s that you two have shared in common.
1. Groom’s Emotions. Exchanging wedding vows are one of the most important part in your wedding. Pour out your best emotions let her know how you love her, how she brings out the best in you, how she makes you laugh and that she means everything to you. Do make her feel special this day and for all the coming days of your life together.