Rwandan Weddings have two steps – the traditional wedding and the civil or church wedding. With the traditional wedding, the couple has to get the consent of parents to allow them get married, meanwhile, with the the church or civil wedding, this is when the man and woman are officially united in matrimony. This means that there will be two ceremonies that will have to be prepared for. With this the preparation of the the wedding ceremony is a double effort.
The Wedding Ceremony is the most important part of a wedding event. It is where the wedding traditions are solemnly performed. Commitments not only between the bride and groom but also between families are made official at this point. The wedding ceremony is the heart of the occassion. Aside from it being the first event of the big day, it is the most solemn event that has to be in your whole life to make the vows the sincerest lines ever. The success of the ceremony, being the first event of the day, dictates the success of the proceeding events like the reception and the after-wedding party.
Here are some tips that you might want to consider in preparing for your wedding ceremony.
5. Wedding Rituals. The wedding ceremony is the most fitting occassion to perform wedding rituals. Aside from it being made official by an officiant, it is the first part of the wedding day that is the most memorable occassion. Couples should think about incorporating the rituals into this segment of the wedding.
4. The officiant. You have to make sure that the officiant of the wedding has sufficient background of each of your lives relevant to the celebration. This helps him make connections and customize the wedding ceremony accordingly. Aside from this facts make him comfortable with both of you as a couple, this shall add the meaning and solemnity of the ceremony.
3. The essentials! Your ceremony checklist should include: Marriage License, Wedding Rings, Personalized Wedding Vows, Wedding Readings, Ceremony Music, Wedding Programs, Flower Girl Basket, and the Ring Pillow. Make sure you have all this checked a couple of days before the wedding day.
2. Own the day! Thus, you and your partner holds the right to decide on how you may want it to reflect your personalities. This is the first major occassion where you share plans and efforts. Focus more on the kind of celebration that you want for yourselves. You do not have to make the kind that people expect you to have. After all, this is your day, not theirs!
1. Your marriage vows. Decide early on if you both want to use the official wedding lines or you would like to make personalized vows. From there you will know how to prepare for the most important lines in your lives. It is imperative that these lines be sincere. Otherwise, the whole event would not be meaningful at all. Make your vows the most beautiful and the most unique ever!